1) Tell us a little bit about your label (art) and what you do?
My name is Eda Kasper, I am a devoted wife and mum! My label Sienna & Kip is named after my three year old daughter Sienna and our family pet sausage dog named Kip. Together they are the best of friends. I make handmade jewellery and gifts mostly using polymer clay. The label portrays their playfulness and youth through bold and bright design. All designs are individually hand crafted, no two items are exactly the same.
2) What inspires your work?
My daughter and her ‘likes’, fabric, colour, nature, food, childhood nostalgia, basically anything that I take fancy to at that particular moment.
3) What jobs have you done other than being an artist?
Blah basically anything but most recently in coffee for the last three years.
4) What memorable responses have you had to your work?
Every one of them! I get really attached to my work and can remember mostly everyone who has purchased from me in a face to face environment. It’s awesome getting positive feedback and knowing that someone is getting enjoyment from something that I have handmade.
5) One thing you can’t live without?
My family, coffee and some alone time.
6) What gets you up in the morning?
Sienna yelling “Mum, I’m awake now”.
7) How would your best friend describe you in 3 words?
Loyal, bitch, honest haha. But the same could be said for both of us.
8) What is the next skill you want to learn?
Pottery. I think it would further my polymer clay skills and maybe I could incorporate knick knacks and some homewares into my label.
9) What is your dream project?
I don’t know, something worthy enough to grace the front pages of magazines and to become a household name…but exactly what is the question… I don’t know, but i’ll work on it.
10) Favourite or most inspirational place in Sydney?
11) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
When people say you can’t do it, do it anyway to prove them wrong.
12) What advice would you give to new, aspiring Makers?
What you do is beautiful and so rewarding. You have the power to convey a message or create a moment for someone through art form. Keep it up!!
13) And most importantly, what would your ultimate karaoke song be?
There are way too many to name! Anything Spice Girls is always fun with the girlfriends though.