1) Tell us a little bit about your label (art) and what you do?
NATTA MILLO was created in 2006 after I graduated as a Fashion Designer at the IED in Barcelona. My thesis needed a name and I needed an identity. In 2011 I began designing shower caps using ‘Ready to Bath’ as my slogan to represent the line, and it has been my major project since then. These feminine sweet limited edition shower caps are handmade, using two layers (one printed cotton, one water repellent) and are responsible of keeping hair from being “steamed” in the shower!
2) What inspires your work?
Any kind of art form, fashion, photography, music, film, people and their culture inspires me the most. As an artist I believe in Roy Lichtenstein’s work among others, being a fundamental key of inspiration.
3) What jobs have you done other than being an artist?
I’ve worked in many different jobs and industries such as Fashion, Footwear, Film, TV, Theatre, etc. At the meantime I also work as a dresser at a musical, surrounded by artists!
4) What memorable responses have you had to your work?
A smile comes before a word each time my work is shown. I’ve had great support from anyone who’s seen my product, and they all seem to think it’s a great gift!
5) One thing you can’t live without?
Many things I can’t live without as an earthling, but for sure is a shower cap! I’ve had people from the street complementing my hair, and I always picture myself with my delightful NATTA MILLO shower cap!
6) What gets you up in the morning?
NATTA MILLO gets me up each morning, it motivates me knowing I have something inspiring to offer and new projects in mind.
7) How would your best friend describe you in 3 words?
They picture me as a dreamer, creative and persistent friend.
8) What is the next skill you want to learn?
I’ve always loved music, and the chance to learn how to play the bass has always been there.
9) What is your dream project?
Consolidate and open a NATTA MILLO shower cap store.
10) Favourite or most inspirational place in Sydney?
Anywhere near a bay with an endless view.
11) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Work in silence and leave the success make all the noise.
12) What advice would you give to new, aspiring Makers?
Ask yourself if what you’re doing today will bring you happiness tomorrow.
13) And most importantly, what would your ultimate karaoke song be?
I’m always behind the camera when it comes to karaoke but here’s a great song to sing in chorus… No cars go (Arcade Fire).