Basket Weaving is one of the oldest traditional crafts practiced in many countries across the globe. The variety of materials used is endless and mainly sourced from plants available in the local environment.
The joy of making a basket using materials collected from the natural environment is both satisfying and exciting. You will be filled with pride as you admire your own handmade basket and the joy you can experience when you give a basket you have made filled, with homemade goodies is a pleasure to give and an immense delight to receive.
We will be using materials we have sourced from the garden, and vines we have collected from revegetation and clearing sites.
Everyone will make a large basket which can be used for small shopping sprees or to store your yummy fruit
What you'll get
- All materials supplied to make a large basket
- Tips on how to collect, prepare and store organic weaving materials.
- The skills you will learn will allow you to make and create many styles of baskets using endless types of readily available resources.
what to bring
- Wear old clothes or an apron as it can get a little grubby
- Scissors are supplied, but bring along a favourite pair of secateurs if you have some
- Participants will go home with a useful handmade basket, instruction leaflet, plant material list and the skills to make many more basket creations
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.