Nobdoy better to teach a boss masterclass than a boss lady, so it’s lucky Sky Carter is running this one…
Is it time the take the next step in your weaving journey? Do you need to revisit and refine previously learnt weaving techniques? Do you want to learn some new ways to weave beautiful wall art?
This class is a rare opportunity for those that have already completed a beginner weaving workshop to elevate their weaving skills, learn new techniques, hone their own style and be experimental.
Participants are asked to bring their own yarn and/or current projects and other items they may wish to experiment with. Sky will also have a selection of materials that can be used.
You can bring your skycartercolour loom and tools or, if you don’t have these, you can purchase on the day (option of $75 for 30cm x 26cm or $100 for 56cm x 44cm sized looms with weaving tools).
Participants must know the following weaving techniques to participate in this Masterclass; Warping a loom, rya knot, plain weave, removing from the loom ready for hanging.
What you'll get
- Expert guidance from resident weaving queen, Sky Carter
- Expand on your knowledge of basic weaving techniques and learn some brand new ones
- Experiment and continue to develop your own signature style of weaving
- A small selection of materials to use, but please bring your own yarns and current projects as well!
what to bring
- Your Sky Carter Colour loom and tools- if you don’t have these, you can purchase them on the day ($75 to $100)
- Current weaving projects you are working on and your own yarn
- A big ass smile and plenty of ‘tude, just cos
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.