Spring is here, and what better way to welcome it in with a botanical inspired watercolour class!
During this workshop you will learn a stack of tips and tricks to become a confident watercolour painter.
In particular you will learn how to create dynamic watercolour paintings, developing a style that is totally your own.
Here are some specific things you’ll get to learn about:
- What watercolour is and why it is so satisfying to learn how to paint with.
- How to hold and control a watercolour brush.
- How to break down realistic subject matter into line, shape, highlights and shadows.
- Basic colour theory where you will blend and mix your own unique colour scheme.
- Tonal layering. Where you will learn how to build up colour to depict tone, creating three-dimensionality and depth.
- How to control the media (watercolour) that you are working with through brushstrokes, washes, blotting and colour testing.
What you'll get
All materials for the class will be provided including a range of beautiful flowers and foliage, reference images, paint palettes, brushes, pencils and watercolour papers.
what to bring
Just bring yourself!
If you have a favourite type of flower, bring one along (or an image of one)!