During this workshop you will learn a stack of tips and tricks to become an expert watercolour painter.
In particular you will learn how to create dynamic watercolour paintings, developing a style that is totally your own.
Here are some specific things you’ll get to learn about:
- What watercolour is and why it is so satisfying to learn how to paint with.
- How to hold and control a watercolour brush.
- How to break down realistic subject matter into line, shape, highlights and shadows.
- Basic colour theory where you will blend and mix your own unique colour scheme.
- Tonal layering. Where you will learn how to build up colour to depict tone, creating three-dimensionality and depth.
- How to control the media (watercolour) that you are working with through brushstrokes, washes, blotting and colour testing.
What you'll get
All materials for the class will be provided including still life objects, reference images, paint palettes, brushes, pencils and watercolour paper.
what to bring
Just bring yourself!