Sal will lead you in a fun, relaxed class environment and guide you through the foundations of drawing a portrait, using a variety of materials and techniques. Suitable for absolutely beginners, or those that would like to expand their exisiting skills, this course will build your confidence in portrait drawing and covers both quick sketches, as well as more detailed illustrations. Let your inner artist shine through and enjoy plenty of time to play and experiment.
We’ll provide the materials you need to get you on your way to creating a masterpiece, but feel free to bring an image of the one you love (or hate?! whatever floats your boat really) to draw from (either printed or just on your phone/computer)
Enjoy a glass of wine and get ready to take your illustration skills to the next level!
What you'll get
- Paper, drawing materials, erasers, sharpeners etc
- Depending on your previous drawing knowledge, you might wish to also bring other media to experiment with ie. pastels, watercolours, charcoal etc.
- A glass of wine from Cake Wines on arrival
what to bring
- Encouraged to supply own A4 or A5 sketchbook (but there will be options on the night if not)
- Depending on your previous drawing knowledge, you might wish to also bring other media to experiment with. Ie. Pastels, watercolours, charcoal etc.
- You are welcome to email Sally prior to the workshop to discuss any queries on materials, sketchbooks or recommended products.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.