WARNING: This is not your average illustration class!
Each month we will bring you a tattoo artist at the height of their game to learn from.
This month is renowned artist Aidan Mckenzie aka Sprinkles. He will guide you through different genres of tattoo illustration, teaching you the tricks of the trade for anyone wanting to improve their drawing or just interested in tattoo art.
What you'll get
We will cover some if not all of the following. But you will walk away with your own illustration ready to be inked!
- introduction of the basics of tattoo illustration, design and techniques
- understand the correct flow and balance within the artwork and illustration and how it will work with the part of the body it is designed for
- materials you will require for an illustration
- history of 1940s to current traditional tattooists and how traditional American tattooing has created an extremely popular commercial art form
- the popular elements of traditional tattooing such as script writing, banners, flowers, tigers & panther heads, girls, wings, snakes and skulls
- personalise your own illustration
- simple techniques of the different stages from transferring a sketch to tracing paper, illustration paper to the final copy.
what to bring
- Pencil and markers (don’t fret if you forget, we have some!)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.