The ancient Lost Wax Casting technique for jewellery is an art-form that have been used for thousands of years. It’s a wonderful, easy and inexpensive method that allows you to create intricate pieces of jewellery from home with just a small set up that fits into a shoe box!
In this introductory class, students will create one original ring in Sterling Silver. You will learn how to carve a wax model which will be cast in sterling silver and collected a few days later cleaned and polished by the teacher.
You will learn how to design and correctly measure your ring size, a variety of shaping and texturing techniques and acquire an understanding of how the lost wax casting process works.
My goal is to show that you don’t need a big or expensive set up to create amazing pieces of jewellery from home. No fire, soldering or harmful chemicals and acids are used in this technique. No experience is necessary and anyone should leave this class with enough skills and confidence to create their own sterling silver rings. This class will open a world of possibilities in jewellery making for you, limited only by your imagination!
What you'll get
- List of what you need to get started and where to find everything
- Enough wax blanks to carve up to 3 rings in class
- Access to a variety of tools and Equipment to use on the day
- One Sterling Silver Ring designed and created by you and delivered in a Bahagia Jewellery Box
- Handout with step by step Instructions, more information about the Lost Wax Casting process and extra tips and tricks of the trade.
what to bring
- Nimble Fingers!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.