Dust off that machine and stitch up a storm! This hands-on workshop will take you through a step by step process of making a reversible bucket hat – a wardrobe staple piece that’s easy to dress up or down. We’ll complete the process from start to finish, cutting, measuring and sewing pieces together to create your hat. A straight forward process that involves basic sewing knowledge (being able to sew a straight-ish line), this workshop will give you the ability to whip up all the bucket hats your heart desires!
To participate, you’ll need to BYO sewing machine, fabric & thread. Two different cotton fabrics are recommended (but not necessary) for this design, as well as matching threads. One colour thread if you’re using the same fabric for both sides, and two different threads if you are using two different fabric colours.
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before the workshop starts to set up your machine. If you’re a little rusty on the old sewing machine, please arrive 30 minutes before the class to set-up with a little help from us!
Please note this workshop is limited to 12 spots.
What you'll get
- A reversible bucket hat hand made by you!
- Pocket sewing kit including a tape measure, tailors chalk, scissors and pins
- Woven interfacing to use in your hat
- Expert guidance and help
what to bring
- Sewing machine. Please check that this is in working order before arriving to the workshop as we will not have back up machines available. Rescheduling/refunds will not be possible if your machine does not work on the day of the class.
- 2 bobbins that fit your machine. If you are purchasing some in preparation for the class, please check that they are the correct ones before the workshop. Different machines have different sized bobbins and these vary from machine to machine.
- 2 x half a meter pieces of fabric (one for each side of the hat)
- Threads that match your fabrics
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.