This class will cover the basics of sausage making, from meat and cut selection through mincing options to various spice mixes and choice of casings. Participants will learn how to fill and link sausages using a manual sausage filler. Participants will take home the product of their labour, including recipes for the sausages produced during the class.
In true Work-Shop fashion, we’ll be throwing some sausages that we make during class on the bbq (for taste testing purposes) and washing them down with a few beers!
What you'll get
- Feather and Bone will provide all the meat, casings and seasonings necessary to produce the sausages
- Students will learn how to use a table-top mincer with 2 different sized mincing plates and a manual sausage filler
- Disposable gloves, cutting boards, string, plastic bags, scales and food grade plastic tubs will also be provided
what to bring
- An apron
- some sort of head covering
- Pen and paper for note taking