In conjunction with the Brisbane City Council’s sustainability project ‘Revive’, we present Tailor Fit, a free sustainable fashion workshop that helps you give your old wardrobe a new life!
Do you have any clothes that you love the look of but for some reason they don’t fit or flatter? Maybe the straps are too long, the sides are too baggy or the neckline doesn’t sit quite right, buttons are missing, the zips are broken or there’s a tear somewhere. Whatever it is, chances are with a little nip and tuck you can claim this item back from the ‘I like it but, if it was just a bit more…’ hanger and back on the streets for you to rock with confidence.
- We will take a look at the items you brought and work first on the one you most want fixed or that you can most confidently fix with guidance
- Feel free to bring along your own repair sewing kit or sewing machine if you want advice on using
What you'll get
- Access to basic repairs materials (thread, needles, scissors, seam ripper)
- Access to sewing machines and over lockers as needed
- Pro guidance and skills to tackle your alteration dilemma
what to bring
- 2-3 items that need some work
- If replacing any missing or broken components bring one that best matches the original
- If adding any extra trimmings (lace, buttons, etc) bring them along
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.