We are coming back to Sydney and we couldn’t be more excited!
Rest in Pieces is pleased to announce that Gavin Burland the Manager of Technical Operations at the Sydney School of Veterinary Science has joined the team. Together, we have launched Australia’s first 2-day beginner Corrosion Casting Workshop.
The workshop will run from 12:00pm – 8:00pm on Saturday and 11:00am – 6:00pm on Sunday.
Throughout Day 1 you will get hands on and learn how to prepare and identify the anatomy, tie off and resin inject a sheep’s heart. You will also attend an informative seminar on the history of corrosion casting and learn how to chemically macerate your specimen.
On day 2 you will prepare your own pre-macerated specimen for mounting and will learn the basics of installation.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with a deeper knowledge of this fascinating scientific process and your very own gorgeous corrosion cast heart in a glass dome.
You will also have the option of purchasing a take home kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, dome, apron, snacks, drinks, lunch and even wine will be provided throughout.
Buy your ticket here
What you'll get
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your mounted corrosion cast is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- All the tools required for the workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments and wine
- A glass dome to protect your new creation
what to bring
- Camera or camera phone and get ready to #restinpieces and feel free to add @restinpieces to your Instagram