We are coming back to Sydney and we couldn’t be more excited!
Rest in Pieces is pleased to announce that Gavin Burland the Manager of Technical Operations at the Sydney School of Veterinary Science has joined the team.
Together we will be launching Australia’s first 2-day beginner Corrosion Casting Workshop and will be inviting our existing RIP students to attend the workshop as our first trial in Sydney.
Throughout Day 1 you will get hands on and learn how to prepare and identify the anatomy, tie off and resin inject a sheep’s heart. You will also attend an informative seminar on the history of corrosion casting and learn how to chemically macerate your specimen.
On day 2 you will prepare your own pre-macerated specimen for mounting and will learn the basics of installation.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with a deeper knowledge of this fascinating scientific process and your very own gorgeous corrosion cast heart in a glass dome.
You will also have the option of purchasing a take home kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, dome, apron, snacks, drinks, lunch and even wine will be provided throughout.
As this is a new class we will be releasing the exact times of the workshop in the coming weeks. This will allow us to run one more test class with the team and finalise exact times on our run sheet. You will be advised of the finalised times at the start of April.
In the interim please ensure that you are available from 9am – 9pm on the Saturday and 9am – 7pm on the Sunday. This will be more than enough time to complete the class but will make certain that attendees haven’t double booked themselves with other plans or flights.
What you'll get
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your mounted corrosion cast is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- All the tools required for the workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments and wine
- A glass dome to protect your new creation
Would you like to book a take home kit?
We have 2 take home kit options listed. Each kit includes:
– Frozen pluck (specimen)
– The tools and chemicals for either all of the corrosion casting OR corrosion casting and installation into a glass dome (Please refer to the ticket type for details)
– The full list of instructions of the 2 day workshop
what to bring
- Camera or camera phone and get ready to #restinpiecestaxidermy and feel free to add @restinpiecestaxidermy to your instagram
- A strong tummy
- If you are flying from interstate and have bought the full take home kit you will need to have checked in luggage. We will also be able to advise you of the dimensions of the take home kits in the week prior to the course.