The Rest in Pieces Team is coming back to Sydney and we are inviting existing students from the 1-day beginner taxidermy class or people who have completed the DIY Revival kit to join us for our Baby Chick Taxidermy Workshop!
Throughout the workshop Nat will build upon and refine your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn to preserve the feet with injections.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with a gorgeous Baby Chick and be given the option to purchase a wooden base or a wooden base and chick-sized dome to mount your specimen from the class on.
And of course we have a take home kit available to purchase so you can practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, snacks, drinks, and wine will be provided on the day.
What you'll get
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful baby chick from start to finish
- All the tools required for the full day workshop
- Snacks, refreshments, and wine
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
- Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
– Frozen baby Chick
– Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
– Products for cleaning, fleshing, and preservation
– Wooden base to mount specimen on (purchase an extra wooden base if you want one for your class specimen to sit on)
– List of instructions from the workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a take home kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
what to bring
- Camera or camera phone and get ready to #restinpiecestaxidermy and feel free to add @restinpiecestaxidermy to your instagram
- A strong tummy