Rest in Pieces invites you to attend this very special, introductory Taxidermy Workshop, which will be held at Work-Shop in Sydney.
The course will take you on your own journey into this fascinating art form and will help you come to grips (literally!) with some of the techniques involved in creating taxidermy.
Throughout the day you will learn how to skin and preserve your little rat, as well as how to mount him/her into a beautiful but very greedy cheese fiend. You will then take your piece home displayed in a gorgeous glass dome.
Everything will be supplied on the day including your rat, all the necessary tools, an apron, snacks, lunch, great company, and wine is provided throughout.
Buy a ticket here
What you'll get
- Get up close and hands-on with the art of taxidermy.
- How to turn your specimen into a piece of art that is full of life and character!
- The correct technique and process of skinning and preserving and mounting a standing specimen.
- Your own specimen to work on (of course, your creation is yours to take home at the end of the day!)
- Lunch which includes wine
- An amazing experience amongst like-minded people
what to bring
- Camera or camera phone and get ready to #restinpieces and feel free to add @restinpieces to your instagram
- A strong tummy