Rest in Pieces invites you to attend a day of Butterflies & Bubbles.
We are absolutely thrilled to have Jason Penfold stepping out of the cocoon and spreading his wings to teach our butterfly and moth pinning workshop.
Throughout the workshop, Jason will guide you through this fascinating world. You will learn how to rehydrate your specimens, how to create your own pinning board, how to pin specimens in 3 different styles and learn how to unpin and present your feature specimen in a shadow box.
At the end of the day you will walk away with the 3 practice butterflies & your chosen feature specimen (Ulysses Butterfly or Death’s Head Hawkmoth). You will also take home a shadow box to mount your beautiful creation in.
As usual you can sit back and get creative because the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimens, apron, scones and bubbles will be provided.
We also have take home kits available to purchase so you can practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
What you'll get
- 3 test specimens to practice on
- 1 feature specimen (choice of either Ulysses Butterfly or Death’s Head Hawkmoth)
- Glass-fronted shadow box to mount your feature specimen in
- Optional take home kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the entomology experience
- Snacks and bubbles all morning!
what to bring
- Camera or camera phone. Get ready to #restinpiecestaxidermy and feel free to add @restinpiecestaxidermy to your Instagram
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.