Get ready for a creative adventure like no other. Get the low down on creating show-stopping homewares using resin in a learning environment filled with creativity, fun, and inspiration.
In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn how to create a basic resin cast using 2 part epoxy resin. We’ll cover all the essentials needed, including the importance of safety with resin, brands of casting resin, how to embed objects into resin, tips and tricks for working with the medium with a list of tools, supplies, and resources to get you on the resin train! Then, it’s time to get making. We’ll have a range of popping bright colours with pigments, alcohol ink, glitter and much more.
All tools and supplies will be provided to make one 18cm capsule tray, you are welcome to bring along your own small objects to add to your resin casting (think pressed flowers, keepsakes, buttons, etc) keep in mind they can’t be higher than 1cm. Please note that resin requires 48 hours to properly cure & dry, and your pieces will be available for pick up the week following the class.
What you'll get
- A one of a kind completed capsule catch-all tray (pick up after 48 hours)
- A comprehensive info booklet – giving you loads of resources and valuable info!
- A fun couple of hours making something you can keep forever!
what to bring
- Any items you wish to embed into your tray. We will have plenty of materials to choose from if you don’t have anything particular in mind.
- Clothes that are not sentimental or you don’t mind getting dirty. Accidents can happen and resin pigments are notorious for hardcore stubborn staining!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.