Pyrography, also commonly known as woodburning, is the art of decorating wood or other materials with burn marks resulting from the controlled application of a heated object such as a ‘poker’ or pyrography pen. In this hands-on and informative introductory class, Therasa from Nautical Desire will cover all aspects of pyrography, including the tools required, techniques, materials and also some design tips!
Everyone in the class will be provided with a timber chopping board to design and burn onto, as well as your own pyrography pen to take home with you so that you can continue the art of woodburning at home! No previous experience or skill is required for this class – total beginners welcome! We also recommend that you have an idea of the design you’d like to burn into the corner of your board before you come along to the class.
What you'll get
- A timber chopping board to burn your design onto
- A pyrography tool to take home with you
- Learn all the techniques and handling tips for using a pyrography tool
- Learn how to design your pyrography piece
what to bring
- Please have an idea of the design you’d like to burn into the corner of your board
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.