In this fun, hands-on class, Lucy Timbrell will teach you how to design, carve and print your own lino cut artwork onto beautiful linen teatowels! You will start the class by creating your own design and carving it into a rubber lino block before transferring your design onto your towel using coloured fabric inks. The result – a beautiful, colourful linen tea towel completely designed and printed from start to finish by you!
You will be provided with two linen tea towels to print on, but please feel free to bring additional pieces of material if you would like to practice before your final tea towels, or to create more pieces if time allows. You will also be able to take your printed lino block home with you to continue printing at home.
What you'll get
- All the tools and materials you need to carve and print your design
- Two beautiful 100% linen tea towels to print your design onto
what to bring
- A sketchbook
- Coloured pencils for drawing and colouring your design before you print
- Any images or ideas you have of what you’d like to print
- An old towel you don’t mind getting dirty
- An apron (or wear old clothes you don’t mind getting dirty)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.