Learn how to draw your favourite pet, animal or create a special gift for someone who loves their pet!
In this 3 hour workshop, local Adelaide artist and Illustrator Heidi Forgan will demonstrate and guide you through the process of drawing your own pet portrait. We will specifically cover the following:
- Drawing materials – what to use and when
- Some warm up drawing activities to build your confidence.
- Translating a photograph into a line drawing and an easy method for transferring this onto your drawing paper using the GRID method.
- Observing tonal values and how demonstrate this with graphite pencils. Instruction on composition, tone, detail and layering.
- Focus on capturing the important elements of a pet portrait including the eye’s, nose and ears before venturing into the hair and whiskers.
What you'll get
- All materials supplied
- A glass of wine upon arrival
what to bring
- Bring your own art journal or favourite art materials (optional)
- Bring a friend and share the fun! (plus… save some $$)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.