Creativity, colour & experimentation, that’s what this is about. A method of aqueous surface design, paper marbling creates out-of-this-world patterns and was originally used to mimic marble and other stone surfaces on fabrics and paper, each piece one-of-a-kind.
You’ll spend this session getting zen, you’ll drop paint onto a liquid surface, and apply various techniques to achieve different designs. We’ll have a huge range of colours and will show you how to correctly set up, essential materials needed, ink application, various pattern techniques, and design transfer skills. Once we’ve run through the basics, you’ll spend the session experimenting and exploring the art form and make as many sheets of custom paper that your heart desires!
Leave with the confidence to marble at home, and a stack of bespoke sheets of paper to add to your stationery.
No experience necessary and all materials will be provided.
What you'll get
- Learn the secrets of marbling
- Learn how to make different mixtures, how to alum the paper & which papers are best to use
- Learn how to create an image in the marbled paper
- Traditional and free-form mixtures
- All materials supplied
what to bring
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Something to wrap and take your creations home in
- Pen and paper
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.