Discover how to create personalised, botanical soy candles in Brisbane led by Sheri Vegas who is considered to be the candle queen in workshop circles! Plus also learn the art of candle rolling creating a beeswax candle from natural organic beeswax in lots of gorgeous colours
In this casual and fun class, you will learn how to make your own DIY soy and beeswax candles, and explore all of the basics of this relaxing activity, so that you and the entire family can enjoy floral fragrances for hours and hours.
As an added bonus Sheri will also gift you her tried and tested mosquito repellent candle recipe. Unlike other insect repellants, this candle has a pleasant, aromatic fragrance and calming scent.
What you’ll learn:
- Benefits of soy wax and safety tips you need to know before working with soy wax plus a bonus recipe to make your mosquito-repellant candles.
- Step-by-step instructions, demonstration and hands-on practice.
- Covering why we are using soy wax and the correct wick calculations and the science behind these choices.
- How to add fragrance oils to your candles the correct way.
- Leave with an understanding of the different types of colours available to add to your soy wax.
- Plus step by step instruction on Candle Rolling
You will then learn how to make your own soy wax botanical candle to take home, plus your very own Beeswax rolled candle. These will be made with a natural blend of soy wax, beeswax and organic floral essence and candle fragrances.
Want to book a private workshop for your group? Work-Shop can offer a unique range of classes for your next team-building adventure, birthday bash, Christmas do, or hens party! Make a terrarium, paint and sip, pottery and plonk, printmaking, resin homewares, wreaths or flower crowns – whatever tickles you, Work-Shop has got you covered. So fire up the crew, book a workshop and unleash your creativity with friends and co-workers. For more information, get in touch with our Brisbane manager: email@example.com
What you'll get
- Everything needed to make your own candles plus the knowledge and instructions to make them again and again
what to bring
- Just a willingness to have fun
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.