Welcome to the wonderful world of fungi! Ever wanted to grow your own mushrooms, but didn’t know where to start? Then this is the workshop for you. Mushrooms are a fun, easy & practical food source to grow yourself, no matter how much space you have available.
In this hands-on mushroom cultivation workshop, you’ll learn the practical skills to grow a never-ending supply of mushrooms yourself! We want to enable our students to take away the knowledge to create a self-sufficient, closed-loop ecosystem, using an easy-to-follow & proven process.
We’ll start with an introduction to the fungi kingdom & its important role in our planet’s ecology before jumping into the science of cultivation. You’ll get the low down on the 4 step lifecycle of mushroom cultivation, the golden formula for cultivating spores for an endless supply of mushrooms, as well as handy tips and tricks for getting the most out of your harvest, and alternative applications for different growing mediums and species.
You’ll also take home everything you need to get you started, including a bucket brimming with oyster mushroom mycelium, which will have you producing your own mushrooms in as little as 3 weeks.
*Please note that this workshop is strictly limited to 10 participants
What you'll get
- All the knowledge you need to be able to repeat the mushroom cultivation cycle again & again independently
- A mini-mushroom farm you have constructed in class, brimming with oyster mushroom mycelium, ready to harvest in approx. 3-4 weeks.
- An easy-to-follow printed guide, which covers the information & processes covered in the workshop
- A sterilised jar of grain spawn you have made for your next round of cultivation
- Oyster mushroom spores to inoculate your grain spawn & restart the process at home
- A list of further reading, resources & delicious mushroom recipe inspiration
what to bring
- Notepad & pen
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.