Welcome to our Kintsugi Workshop. In this engaging class, we’ll guide you through the mesmerizing art of restoring broken ceramics, celebrating the beauty of imperfection and the rich history behind each shattered piece.
Discover the Kintsugi Ethos
Our experienced instructor will introduce you to a modern approach to Kintsugi that employs resin—a less allergenic, fast-drying, and cost-effective alternative to precious metals. This technique is perfect for at-home repairs and can be used on a wide range of materials.
Honoring Breakage and Repair
Immerse yourself in the profound ethos of Kintsugi, where breakage and repair are not seen as flaws but as integral parts of an object’s story. With precision and care, you’ll master the art of joining fragments, transforming them into breathtaking and truly unique ceramics.
Celebrate Sustainability and Resilience
In a world dominated by disposables, our workshop offers a refreshing perspective—a space where repairing and reusing cherished pieces are celebrated. Experience the meditative joy of restoring pottery while embracing sustainability.
Join us at Melbourne’s premier Kintsugi workshop, where the ancient art of pottery restoration comes to life in a modern, eco-conscious way. Reserve your spot now and embark on a journey of creativity, mindfulness, and the pursuit of everlasting beauty.
What you'll get
- A kintsugi repair kit which you’ll get to take home
- 2-3 mended ceramic pieces
- Expert guidance from one of Australia’s leading ceramicists
what to bring
- 2-3 ceramic pieces that are broken.
- We suggest visiting a local op shop to pick up some ceramics to bring along if you do not have anything broken in your home. These can be broken at the workshop as well before you begin the Kintsugi process.
- Sentimental pieces are not recommended to begin with. Like any skill, it takes a little practice to perfect!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.