Give nan a run for her money! Easy to pick up and hard to put down, knitting is a versatile, fun and relaxing AF craft to master. Not only is it super easy to learn and build your skills, but it’s also a great social activity. With anything from dishcloths and scarves, to intricate sweaters and socks a possibility, the options are endless!
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to knit yourself a beautiful scarf or snuggly snood from scratch. Using lush chunky yarn we’ll lead you through the absolute basics of knitting, covering how to cast on, mastering the knit stitch, and how to cast off. Once you’ve mastered the knit stitch, the process becomes meditative and calming. It’s a great skill to have for mindfulness and the perfect activity for cosy nights in.
This workshop is designed for absolute beginners, who are curious about the craft but have yet to pick up a pair of needles. We’ll provide you with needles and yarn (which you’ll get to take home).
What you'll get
- Set of 15mm (US19) solid maplewood needles
- 1 x ball of chunky wool (80m). It’s 100% natural, 100% renewable and totally biodegradable too.
- Guidance on basic knitting stitches, how to cast on and off and weave your ends.
- For those with a little knitting experience, additional stitches can be taught
- Takeaway tutorial links to complete the project at home if you don’t quite finish in class.
what to bring
- BYO wine/drink if you fancy a glass or two as you knit (ooooh-la-la)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.