It’s time to turn those broken heirlooms into new treasures with the art of Kintsugi – a craft and artistic practice that celebrates the flaws and imperfections of a piece.
In this 3-hour hands-on workshop, students will learn the fundamentals of Kintsugi Art. You will be guided through this centuries-old Japanese method step by step whilst using more accessible and affordable materials. The process includes the repair of ceramic pieces, reinforcement, followed by decorative finishes with Japanese Makie technique using lacquer and gold metal powder.
After completing this class students will be able to repair their own damaged items at home with confidence.
What you'll get
- One broken ceramic for each student
- tools and materials for repair and decoration
- masks and gloves
- A completed kintsugi plate or small bowl
- A carry box, bag, and information sheet
what to bring
- Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit messy
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.