In this 5 hour intensive workshop with internationally recognised Fine Artist, Street Artist, Art Director & Designer, Meggs, you’ll get an in-depth look into his creative process from start to finish, encouraging you to shift your focus from ‘end result’ to simply enjoying the process.
Guiding you through his multidisciplinary approach, Meggs will introduce some recurrent themes evident in his work, in particular the idea of ‘duality’ and finding harmony between form, abstraction, order, and chaos. Through a series of expressive and uninhibited exercises, you’ll work with a range of mediums including pencil, ink, acrylic paints & aerosol, to create what will be your map on this journey.
Through expressive painting, abstraction and experimentation you’ll develop new skills and techniques which can be applied when creating large scale artworks, with Meggs providing some valuable insights and tips along the way.
Throughout the session participants will work on their own individual art panel as well as a collaborative mural, witnessing the benefits of working in a group studio dynamic.
Wrapping things up with some wine & pupu’s (appetizers), you’ll have a chance to share what you’ve learnt with your peers and ask Meggs any burning questions.
Don’t miss this awesome opportunity to learn from (and with) one of Australia’s most progressive and committed street and fine artists!
What you'll get
- All art materials provided including pencils, pens, paper, ink, acrylic paints & brushes
- MTN Water-Based aerosol paints
- 1 wood art panel (40x40cm) per person
- A limited edition Meggs print to take home
what to bring
- Any of your own art materials that you’d like to work with and experiment with.
- Some recommendations of music you feel creatively inspired by
- You WILL get paint on you. Dress accordingly 😉
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.