Welcome to the whimsical world of Kintsugi, the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery. This craft treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise. Transforming imperfection into beauty.
After touching on the ethos behind Kintsugi, Daisy Cooper will guide you through the modern version of the craft using resin. This process is less allergenic, quick drying and a budget-friendly alternative to using precious metals. Practice carefully joining pieces together, creating beautiful and unique ceramics. In a world of disposables and throw away culture, unwind in an experience where repairing and reusing treasured pieces is celebrated!
What you'll get
- A gold kintsugi repair kit which you’ll get to take home
- 2-3 mended ceramic pieces
- Learn how to mend broken ceramics using gold resin
what to bring
- 2-3 ceramic pieces that are broken.
- If you do not have any pieces yourself these can be purchased at an additional cost of $30 for a handmade plate and small bowl set. Please select these additional extras at checkout as they are made to order before the class.
- Alternatively, we suggest visiting a local op shop to pick up some ceramics to bring along if you do not have anything broken in your home. These can be broken at the workshop as well before you begin the Kintsugi process.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.