Discover the joys of watercolour painting through this introductory course in a fun and relaxed environment. Suitable for beginners, this course will teach you the basics of watercolour painting including tools, techniques and terminology. Through practicals and demonstrations, you will learn about colour mixing, paint application, painting from life, colour intensity and washes, composition and drawing, and how to control the medium to achieve different effects.
You will study a still life composition and leave with a your own completed watercolour painting. You will also leave with a good grasp of the watercolour painting method and the endless possibilities that lay ahead. This class is appropriate for absolute beginners or those who’ve had a little experience with it in the past.
What you'll get
- Wine to enjoy throughout the night to get your creative juices flowing!
- An overview of painting equipment and materials
- Learn about different materials including different papers, paint mixes and brushes
- Learn about graded washes, preliminary sketches, wet-in-wet technique, hard and soft edges, mixing and applying colour
- Learn how to paint from life and how to plan a composition
- Your own piece of art to take home with you!
what to bring
- Just yourself!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.