Come and spend some time with one of Brisbane’s finest street artists, Mik Shida. This workshop will inspire you to discover your style, break down your fears and begin translating your art to a large scale.
Graffiti has roots in team collaborations, working together to achieve a common goal. This class will be a supportive group of peers, inspiring each other to improve. The main emphasis will be in honing your can control, giving you a strong foundation and confidence to walk away knowing you can tackle your own artwork.
- Briefing of the Graffiti culture and history. Mik’s background in the Brisbane street art scene and inspirations.
- Character animation, colour composition and spray can knowledge and control and then being able to translate work to a large scale wall.
- Technical skills; Planning the piece, colour composing the piece, can control, and finally knowing how to distribute your artwork (getting up).
- Getting the most out of your paint brand. Waterbased vs. Acrylic
- Cap knowledge
What you'll get
- Spray paint (The best on the block, MTN)
- High res images of your piece and the team
what to bring
- Sketchpads, pencils and pens
- A thirst for taking your spray can skills to the next level!