Under the guide of Silversmith Jemica Ostrofski, learn how to design and fabricate textured jewellery using recycled metals. The basic metalsmithing techniques of mark making will be explored using various hammers, letter stamps, hand-sawing, number stamps and other tools. You will then have the opportunity to create your own unique design.
This intro style workshop will run for 4 hours in which you will have the option of making – a pendent, earrings, cuff links, or brooch. This workshop hosts a maximum of 12 students, ensuring everyone gets the most out of a session.
What you'll get
- Sheet of recycled Aluminium/Copper/Brass
- Additional recycled metals that could be used
- Findings to turn creation into jewellery
- Industrial strength glue
- Gift Box / Pouch to store your creations in
what to bring
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day, however feel free to bring along any other found metals and see if they can be incorporated – napkin holders, cutlery, metal crockery etc.
- Imagery of any jewellery ideas you might like to draw inspiration from
- Pen and paper to take note
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment) and Hair tied back
- Snacks to keep you going (class is 4hrs)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.