Have you ever wanted to learn the foundational skills to create portrait drawings?
In this Intro to Portrait Drawing you will be guided through the foundations of drawing a portrait using a variety of materials and techniques. This course will build your confidence and speed in portrait drawing and covers both quick sketches, as well as more rendered studies. During this workshop you will learn both technical aspects of portraiture as well as some more experimental and creative approaches to let your inner artist shine through! Within the course, you will practice and develop different drawing techniques, learn about anatomical structures and planes of the face and head, and gain a practical understanding of observation and life drawing skills.
Enjoy a glass of wine and take your portraiture drawing skills to the next level!
What you'll get
- Technical aspects of portraiture drawing.
- Gain a better understanding of anatomical aspects to improve your portrait practice.
- A variety of techniques and approaches-both technical and creative.
- A variety of materials to experiment with in class (all materials supplied)
- A glass of wine to get those creative juices flowing!
what to bring
- Art Journal (optional)
- Any favourite drawing materials (optional)
- Photographs of portraits to work from (optional). (Artist to advise what is suitable for the class techniques. Please note- A variety of photographs will be available to use for the class.)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.