The deep blue of Indigo Dyeing is pure magic especially when you can learn how to set it up in your own home to revamp clothes and furnishings, or even a way to keep the kids entertained!
Come join the Shibori Indigo Dyeing workshop for a wonderful social and creative evening. Learn basic methods of this Japanese resist technique expanding your textile knowledge. By also using items from around your own home you can make unique patterns that you can carry on creating into the future.
What you'll get
• tools and materials clamps, pegs, string, etc
• test pieces unbleached cotton fabric
• 100% cotton scarf, 45 cm x 180 cm
• plenty of indigo dye
what to bring
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed shoes that aren’t so precious as the play can get messy an apron could help too.
- Old plastic bags for your wet indigo dyed creations.
- Your own pieces to dye made from natural materials only: cotton, linen, silk, wool, rayon, (pre-washed, light in colour if possible), like tops, shirts, pillowcases, socks, undies, bras etc Fabric pieces no bigger than 1m please.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.