In this workshop you will learn how to create excellent image transfers from a paper matrix. Solvent transfer lets you release the image from a photocopy to anything smooth and receptive – fine art papers, wood, and even some fabrics!
The capabilities of the copy machine will be explored by using drawings, photographs, and sketchbook imagery to create your paper plate. The toner can be released onto paper, wood, smooth fabrics, or metal plates, for starters. Learn how to apply these techniques with an etching press and methods for application by hand.
Please contact instructor regarding any sensitivities to mineral turps, acetone, eucalyptus oil, or xylene, which may be used in small quantities during the workshop.
What you'll get
- A range of transfer imagery to choose from
- One on one advise from a highly trained printmaker
- A folio of prints made by you!
what to bring
- Please bring your own imagery you want to use in your transfer printmaking. Must be a print out from a toner printer (not inkjet) ie photocopier, toner printer. Officeworks can help with this!
- Transfer imagery must be A5 size or smaller
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.