Join us for a unique event as the teams from Work-Shop, Sadhana Kitchen and the Canon Collective join forces to explore food photography from a culinary and photographic perspective.
Hear from Maz Valcorza owner of Sadhana Kitchen, as she speaks about the aesthetics involved in presenting a delicious but also visually beautiful dish. Next pick up tips and tricks from the Canon Collective to create fantastic photographs. This fun and practical experience will cover both creative and technical content, including understanding light, balancing your exposure, controlling your focus and manipulating your depth of field.
Each class will focus on different techniques and subject matter so you can come to one or all of them depending on your level of skill. At the end of the series, participants of the classes will be asked to submit their favourite image for the chance to go into a group exhibition curated by Work-Shop and Canon.
What you'll get
- An amazing assortment of food will be provided by Sadhana Kitchen for you to photograph on the night. And you get to eat it after. Sweet deal.
- EOS70D Super kits and an assortment of professional L series prime lenses will also be available throughout the night to help push your creativity!
what to bring
- Canon will have 70Ds for you to use, however, we encourage you to bring your own DSLR camera (no, it doesn’t need to be a Canon)
- A pad and pen/iPad/iPhone to take notes
- A love of photography and/or food!