Come and get messy with mother nature and explore the ancient art of using botanicals and food waste to create beautiful colours and patterns on natural fibres. A multi-sensory experience that will enable you to slow-down and create mindfully.
Using the wonderful technique of bundle dyeing, we will use sustainably sourced and foraged materials to create a unique silk scarf.
Whilst our bundles steam and evolve, we will play with the magic of alchemy by introducing natural modifiers to create a rainbow of possibilities.
Abi will guide you through…
- Botanicals and food waste and the colours they yield
- Natural fibres and fabric preparation with mordants
- Natural pH colour modifiers
- The art of bundle dyeing through wrapping and steaming
This workshop is the perfect introduction to natural dyeing, producing eco-friendly textiles and adding colour to your wardrobe in a mindful and sustainable way. The bundle dyeing technique is an efficient and simple way to revitalise existing garments and create beautifully patterned fabric.
What you'll get
- A beautiful selection of dried, fresh and frozen flowers, leaves and other botanicals
- Food waste (eg. onion skins, berries, spices, herbs)
- A paj silk scarf
- Watercolour paper and natural colour modifiers for alchemy play
what to bring
- Any botanicals from your garden, wilting cut flowers or food waste that you would like to experiment with
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting messy!
- There will be extra scarves to purchase on the day if you would like to experiment further.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.