You’ve finally done it. You’ve bitten the bullet and quit your job to follow your creative passions and run your own business. Whether it’s designing jewellery, taking great photos or playing in a band, no matter what your caper is, if you want to succeed, you need to understand how to manage the financial side of your business.
Enter Chris Browne from Rising Tide, who knows all too well what it takes to start a business from scratch and run it successfully from day one. Chris founded Rising Tide 10 years ago when he notices a gap in the market for financial planners who provide quality, unbiased financial advice to young people who are just starting out on their financial journey. This workshop is specifically designed for freelances and creatives who are currently working for themselves or have ambitions to do so.
What you'll get
This class will cover topics including:
- Company structures and registration
- Financing your business + Borrowing/Credit
- Business planning + how to get people to pay you money to do stuff
- How to get on top of book keeping (Financial management software in collaboration with your accountant)
- Navigating GST
- Creating a safety net for you and your business and insurance
- Goal Setting and Achieving
what to bring
Pen and paper/ laptop for taking notes