Shaping metal isn’t as challenging as it may seem, especially with the guidance of contemporary artist and metalsmith, Jemica Ostrofski. Copper, brass, and aluminum are versatile, beautiful, and ethical materials, as they are easily recycled and restored. They can be polished and patinaed to achieve different finishes, making them ideal for crafting personalized jewelry or decorations.
With the festive season quickly approaching, we’re getting into the spirit by crafting our very own Christmas ornaments from copper, brass, and aluminum. In this class, you’ll have the opportunity to design two unique ornaments while benefiting from Jemica’s professional instruction to bring your creations to life. You’ll be introduced to fundamental metalsmithing techniques such as texturing, drilling, polishing, filing, and hand sawing. These techniques will involve various tools, including hammers, letter stamps, number stamps, and more.
Come join us for some fun and discover how to continue metalsmithing from the comfort of your home. You’ll leave the class with two beautifully finished ornaments, perfect for gifting during the Christmas season!
Additionally, by participating in this class, you’ll gain access to Jemica’s Jewelry Kits and extra materials, enabling you to set up your very own home studio.
Please Note: This workshop is designed for children aged 16 years and over. There is a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12 participants to allow for individual tuition.
What you'll get
- Sheet of recycled Aluminium/Copper/Brass
- Industrial strength glue
- Chord or Ribbon to make your ornament hang
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
what to bring
- Imagery of any ornament ideas you might like to draw inspiration from (examples will be provided)
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Glasses if you wear them and need them to focus up close
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back