The fourth in a series of masterclasses, Work-Shop have teamed up with global online marketplace Etsy to deliver you an array of crafty new workshops.
Learn how to make your very own super crafty hand embroidered brooch. Create a unique design to stitch, pin on and take home. Choose from a colourful array of fabrics and cottons – vintage and new to create a personalised design of your choice, and mount it in a metal brooch to be the envy of friends.
In this course you will learn the basics of Hand Embroidery:
- choosing suitable fabrics
- how to set up and mount fabric for embroidery
- creating a unique design to transfer to fabric
- the basic stitches to get you started
- mounting your embroidery in a brooch pin to take home
What you'll get
- A collection of coloured, printed, vintage and new fabrics to choose from to embroider your design.
- stranded embroidery cotton
- tracing paper
- a take home guide of embroidery stitches and techniques
- Lizzy’s collection of embroidery books for inspiration during the class
what to bring
- Any simple line drawings with ideas for your brooch – think lettering, symbols, emojis… to fit in a circle roughly the size of a 20c piece. Simple enough to complete in 2 hours.