Step up your game with this DIY Ottoman workshop for beginners and intermediates.
You’ll learn to crimp foam, sculpt stool tops, stretch fabric, fold corners, add buttons and dust cover while using hand tools you’ve probably already got at home.
These skills will give you the confidence to tackle a wider variety of furniture projects at home, from other footstools to fully upholstered dining chairs and more.
You’ll take home your very own handmade upholstered ottoman (40x60x31)
What you'll get
- All tools for use during the workshop incl. staples, button twine, decorative tacks etc
- Ottoman bases (ply & Pine construction)
- Reuse fabric options including coffee sacks, Street Banners and salvaged fabrics
- A selection of fabric covered buttons
what to bring
- 1.2m sq of your chosen fabric if you want – this is an awesome opportunity to stencil, screen print, paint of spray your own design if you’re up for it. Note that the top/most visible portion of the ottoman is approx. 60cm x 40cm will be visible in the final product, so keep your designs laid out and sized with that in mind.
NB if choosing to BYO fabric you may also wish to BYO matching buttons