Sustainably creative workshops aren’t just about teaching people how to use natural techniques such as botanical dye and ink making, students also learn how to live in harmony with the natural world, create conscious art/craft and turn connect people with nature.
In this 3 hour workshop you will learn how to create your own sustainable dyes using a variety of sources from vegetables to botanicals! Each participant will then have the opportunity to apply their newly made inks onto a tote bag or silk scarf.
A fun, creative workshop that will give you insight into creating beautiful products with a little less impact on our environment.
What you'll get
- How to use flowers, leaves and vegetables to create colour onto fabric.
- How to prepare fabrics for dying.
- How to make their own inks with organic materials such as beetroot and geraniums.
- Each student receives their own tote bag and scarf that they have dyed.
- Take home all the paints made and used in class
what to bring
- An Apron
- Notebook and pen for class notes (optional)
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.