If you’re looking to incorporate digital processes into your existing illustrative work, or simply curious about the prove, this class will give you the hands on experience to make you digital illustration literate!
This 3 hour masterclass will provide an insight into James’ digital illustration practice from start to finish; covering his approach step-by-step from using photo collage to build photo reference, cleaning up line art, drawing digitally, organising layers in files, colouring in layers and editing in Photoshop.
You’ll follow along by building your own digital illustration, with feedback provided throughout so you don’t feel lost or overwhelmed.
Although this class will be specific to programs Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint, the general process can be applied to other programs.
Don’t have a tablet? That’s fine, Work-Shop have some you can use! But it’s first in best dressed- drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org before you buy your ticket to secure your tablet.
What you'll get
- Knowledge of digital illustration process to apply to your own process
- A finished piece of digital art (hopefully… time permitting!)
what to bring
- Existing artwork on paper you might want to digitize (optional)
- A laptop with Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint installed. You can grab yourself a free trial version of Clip Studio here but it’s only valid for 30 days (ie so don’t install it too soon or you won’t be able to use it!)
- Your own graphics tablet or Ipad + Apple pencil if you have one. Work-Shop have got some tablets available for use- please email email@example.com before you grab a ticket to make sure we have some left for you to reserve!
- Notepad to take notes if you want
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.