Our friends at Decks For Change believe that skateboarding can change lives, and design can change minds, so they want you to create an artwork intended for a skateboard deck that sheds light on an important issue to you or your community.
We’re getting behind this amazing cause by hosting an Art Session with Curtis Hay of Hertswood, who will share their love of skateboarding and skate art – talking about some of their main influences, favourite artists and board graphics and get you inspired to design your own skate deck to submit in the competition!
Whether you’re an artist, illustrator, graphic designer or simply love skateboarding – this is your opportunity to make a difference and get behind an awesome cause, with all proceeds from this session going to Skateistan (a non-profit organisation providing skateboarding & educational programs for kids in Afghanistan, Cambodia, and South Africa)
For information about the competition check out www.decksforchange.com
What you'll get
- Learn a brief history of skateboarding art, including influential art movements, artists, skateboarders and skate brands.
- Browse through Curtis’s reference library and get some awesome ideas for your design. Get advice and guidance about your choice of artwork, placement, colour pallet or anything else you’re unsure about!
- All art materials and templates provided
Please note – this session is all about illustration, inspiration & ideas (you will NOT be painting a skate deck – soz)!
what to bring
- Share the stoke! Bring along your own sketches, reference books, print-outs, or anything that inspires you.
- Bring your best mate/little brother/ dog – anyone who wants to get involved!