Crochet is one of the oldest fibre crafts in our human history and has made a triumphant return to popularity in recent years.
We all need something to do with our hands while we binge watch our fave tv series and crochet is the answer (Netflix & CROCHET? So Chill!)
Therapeutically, crochet is superior for alleviating anxiety and providing a mental ‘escape’ from our over-loaded lives. In this class, you will learn how to attach your yarn, how to create your first row of stitches followed by how to create the classic Granny Square to take home with you.
You will receive all of the info you need to keep yourself crocheting after the class is over; you will be equipped to make your own project at home and can choose to proceed with your learning at your own pace or join us at Work-Shop Northern Rivers for Intermediate, Advanced and Seasonal classes.
Classes not only provide crochet skills but also a platform for like-minded people to come together and share their time and their stories.
What you'll get
- Learn how to make a slip knot, chain and triple crochet as well as slip stitch.
- Learn how to understand crochet terminology and pattern reading.
- Get a fantastic introduction to how to crochet by making your own granny squares.
- Yarn, Crochet Hook for each participant and a free pattern to take home!
what to bring
- Paper and pen/pencil to take notes as you go, plus your best gossip and life stories!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.