Are you hooked on brush lettering? Got your technique down but are itching to take it even further? This session with Alena from YAMOGU is all about getting creative and cutting loose with your lettering skills.
Please note: in order to do this class, you must have completed our Introduction to Brush Lettering course or similar, and be confident in your basic brush lettering skills, as this class is about expanding on the basics- no simple lettering techniques will be covered. Perfect for those who have a little experience and want to play more- lots of playtime and space to explore your style!
We will explore and learn the following:
- Gradient How to achieve the gradient look, mixing two colours together to blend to perfection
- Shadowing Add shadows to your letters depending on where the light source is coming from.
- Flourishes We know you have been dying to finally add those fancy looking tails to your letters, so we are gonna show you how!
- Composition Even the most perfectly formed letters can be lost if you don’t nail your composition. Learn how to make your hand written quotes look creative and fun, but still clean and organised.
What you'll get
- 1 x Tracing Paper Pad
- 1 x Black Pentel Touch Pen
- 1 x Black Fineline Pen
- 1 x Grey Fineline Pen
- 1 x White Ink Gel Pen
- 1 x Intermediate Workbook with the Workshop’s Content
- Paper for Practice
what to bring
Most of the materials required for this workshop will be provided, however you will need to bring:
- Your Artline Brush Stix Pens (if yours are worn out, there will be new packs available for purchase on the day of the workshop) If you haven’t done Alena’s Intro class, but have experience with brush lettering, you’re welcome to bring your own set of brush markers to use
- Any other brush pens that you are currently using
- Pencil & ruler
- A 3-5 word quote that you will turn into a stunning lettering piece.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.