Learn how to design and fabricate textured Copper Earrings!
Copper has a long, beautiful history in jewellery making. It has unique antimicrobial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties (not to mention its rosy, warm colour!).
In this class, Contemporary Artist and Silversmith Jemica Ostrofski will guide you through the basic metalsmithing techniques of mark making and hand sawing. Throughout this process, you will be using various hammers, letter stamps, number stamps and other tools to execute your own personal design – culminating in a pair of our own handmade copper earrings!
This workshop will run for 2 hours in which you will have access to Jemica’s professional tools and tuition. Take home your own finished artwork; one pair of personal, handmade copper earrings.
Want to book a private workshop for your group? Work-Shop can offer a unique range of classes for your next team-building adventure, birthday bash, Christmas do, or hens party! Make a terrarium, paint and sip, pottery and plonk, printmaking, resin homewares, wreaths or flower crowns – whatever tickles you, Work-Shop has got you covered. So fire up the crew, book a workshop and unleash your creativity with friends and co-workers. For more information, get in touch with our Brisbane manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you'll get
• A sheet of artist-quality recycled Copper (and Aluminum as an extra!)
• Industrial strength glue
• An apron to wear during workshop
• A gift box or pouch in which to keep your creations
• Access to professional tools and accessories
what to bring
• All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
• Imagery of any jewellery ideas you might like to draw inspiration from (examples will be provided)
• Pen and paper to take notes
•Glasses if you wear them and need them to focus up close
• Enclosed shoes
• No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
• Please keep your hair tied back