There’s no denying that the humble candle, first invented by the Romans, has the power to instantly soften a space, combining light, heat and fragrance in a flickering ambience. Become a chandler (‘90s sarcasm optional) in this candle making class. Using soy, beeswax and fresh ingredients with zero preservatives, you’ll create quality candles.
In this beginners candle making workshop, we’ll cover the selection and blending of fragrance, wicks and waxes, optimal temperatures and room conditions, and the safety and legal requirements of chandlery. The best part? You get to take home everything you make on the day! Whether you’re looking for a unique gift idea for friends and family, or just want to treat yourself, you’ll walk away from this workshop with loads of knowledge and a swag of delicious smelling candles. All materials are supplied. This class is sure to kindle your interest in the olfaction and aesthetics of the simple and timeless candle.
There will be additional candle making kits for purchase on the day, should you want to continue making more creations at home.
What you'll get
- A basic understanding of candle making
- Learn how to use tools and equipment to create candles
- Create some beautiful candles using your choice of colour and fragrance
- Walk away with a stack of your own hand-poured candles including 2x container candles, 1 x soy melts and 1x beeswax candle to take home.
- Candle making instructions to take home!
what to bring
- Pen and notepad
- A bag to carry your creations
- Prepare to get your hands a little dirty, and make sure you wear clothes and footwear that you don’t mind getting wax on
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.