Do you need a beautiful, clean and functional website for your creative business but don’t have a stacks of cash to pay someone to design it for you? Do you want to learn how to map out your content on your DIY website? Do you want to learn how to choose the right colours for your website so its enjoyable for your clients and customers to navigate? Do you want to learn how to learn the skills to design your website, including how to add and remove images, text, forms, buttons and more? Do you want to learn the skills to edit and manage your website once it’s live? Do you want to know how you can attract people to your website once it’s live?
If so, this workshop is for you!
This DIY Website Workshop is perfect for non-techie creatives, freelancers and small business owners who want to learn how to build a beautiful, simple and functional website from scratch.
Students will walk out feeling inspired, motivated and equipped with the tools they need to build their own website. They will be armed with practical advice and lots of tips to help them build and design their own beautiful yet simple website from scratch. After the workshop, if the students wish, they’ll receive the DIY Website Guidebook via email.
What you'll get
In this two hour “build your own simple website” workshop using Squarespace, you will learn:
- The different platforms available
- What to consider when you choose a provider to build your DIY website with, including domain fees, hosting, analytics and support
- How to choose a template that’s specific to your industry
- How to map out your content
- The importance of brand colours, page layouts and copywriting
- How to design your website, including adding and removing images, text, contact and newsletter forms, galleries, buttons, online stores and more
- The skills to edit and manage your website once it’s live
- How to drive traffic to your website
what to bring
A laptop and charger
A pen and a notebook
Their happiness, curiosity and lots of questions!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.