Did you know that two of the first recognised graffiti writers of New York in the 1970’s were Female?
Join skilled Australian graffiti artist Maid for an all-girl graffiti masterclass as she imparts her wealth of knowledge of the graffiti subculture and aerosol technique in a fun afternoon session.
First, you will be visually guided through a brief history and the ‘Do’s and Dont’s’ of getting up followed by a blackbook sketch session where you will create and refine your letters or character with Maid’s assistance. Finally you will head to the wall where a hands-on tutorial in spraycan technique will result in your blackbook sketch becoming your very own graffiti piece.
What you'll get
- Intro to the culture of graffiti
- A break down on how to structure a piece/ character – including sketching, outlines, fills, and getting it on the wall
- Run-down on different types of spraypaint, caps, can pressure and colour selection
- A sketch session with one-on-one assistance
- Spraypainting! With hands on guidance
- There will also be a range of prepared letter styles, “names” and character ideas, paper, pens and pencils to use and experiment with.
PLUS – a limited A3 print, signed and numbered by Maid
what to bring
- Clothes that need more colour on them
- Sketchbooks/artworks/alter ego
- Don’t forget your camera!